Our original wheatcheese and proud winner of the Vegan Cheese Co Best Vegan Feta award 2020, is a delicious, dairy free, plant-based alternative to cheese that’s nut and soy free.
It’s also free from artificial additives and flavourings, stabilisers, emulsifiers, gums and thickeners.
Handmade in the north of England, each original wheatcheese is fermented for at least a month.
Herbie’s Homemade original wheatcheese really tastes a lot like cheese. With a light, fresh, slightly salty tang and a texture that’s firm-crumbly, somewhere between a Lancashire and Cheshire, some might say that’s about right for a cheese made in Greater Manchester!
Original wheatcheese tastes great with chilli chutney on a cracker or crusty baguette. Try grating over pasta in place of parmesan or as a topping for pizza.
Wheat, refined coconut oil* & sea salt.
*the organic coconut oil we use has been steamed gently to remove the taste and aroma of coconut.
Garlic wheatcheese is infused with garlic. Chilli wheatcheese is infused with red chillies.
Nutrition data – 100g of wheatcheese contains:
Recipe suggestions – wheatcheese
- Sauté wheatcheese in our very own organic Spanish fermented garlic until crisp on the outside, soft in the middle and bursting with flavour. Serve with a green salad, pitta and guacamole. Garlic can be added as an optional extra.
- Slice, drizzle with oil and cook as a pizza topping;
- Blend with a little oat milk, a dash of optional vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper and heat. It will turn into a creamy cheesy sauce to dip or pour over burrito.
- Try grating wheatcheese over black bean chilli for a tasty vegan fajita.
- Sliced with chilli chutney & crackers on a vegan cheeseboard.
- Crumble into a baguette with salad for a quick and healthy lunch.