Quick snacks, brunch, fermented garlic recipes, melting pot recipes
Creamy garlic mushroom
Makes 1 portion Cooks in 10 minutes Difficulty level easy
It couldn’t be easier to make these delicious creamy garlic mushrooms.
Made from potato and gluten free oats, our Melting Pot*** is great for people who can’t tolerate soy or nuts. It delivers a light yet creamy, ‘bean free’ taste.
Fermented for easier digestion, it contains no additives or preservatives. Last but definitely not least, it only contains around a quarter of the fat of double cream.
We’ve used our fermented garlic paste to add deliciously deep flavour to the mushrooms and chopped in a handful of spring onion for a touch of sharpness.
It makes a really tasty, fulfilling brunch in the time it takes for your bread to toast and there’s only one non stick pan to clean.
- 1-2 tbsp oil either olive oil or a neutral flavoured oil like rapeseed work best.
- 1 whole spring onion
- 1 portion mushrooms however many you like to eat in one go. Any small/flat variety. I used small portobello.
- 2-3 tbsp melting pot enough to cover your toast.
- 1-2 slices toast I used half a small baguette
- 1 knob butter plant based if lactose free or leave out altogether.
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 tsp fermented garlic
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a shallow non stick pan.
- Dice a spring onion and add to the pan. Give them a stir.
- Slice the mushrooms (not too thin) and add to the pan.
- Add garlic and stir until well coated.
- Allow the mushrooms and onion to cook in the garlic for around 5 minutes. Stir frequently and apply pressure to the mushrooms until most of the water in them has been expelled and they are sizzling in their juices.
- Whilst the mushrooms and onions are cooking you need to make the toast (multi tasking!). Butter it (optional) and put it on a plate ready.
- Meanwhile don't let the pan with the mushrooms get completely dry, but once most of the juice has evaporated add the melting pot.
- Stir the melting pot in with the mushrooms and onion.
- When the mixture is hot and melting pour over the toast.
- Add a sprig of parsley and black pepper (optional).